Sunday 13 January 2013

Graffiti

The other day my little brother was watching Jedward's big adventure and I couldn't help but notice their funky blazers. I searched all over trying to find who designed them (I still have no idea).
So I decided to make my own ;)

What you will need:

  • Old/cheap Plain hoodie
  • Spray Paints
  • Spray Glue
  • Grease Proof Paper
  • Aired/Open Space
  • Craft Knife
  • *Optional* Fabric Pens


First you will need to make a rough design. If text like mine decide on font. I chose military. Trace over the letters at size wished or print out onto paper.  
Once traced carefully cut out with craft knife, maybe ask an adult to help.
I also wanted a boom box for that urban feel. I decided to have that underneath the text. So lightly spray the glue onto back of base template and smooth out onto hoodie. Lightly spray across template and leave to dry. REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS ADD AN EXTRA COAT BUT CAN'T REMOVE ONE.Make sure the first design is dry before painting the next. For the second layer you may not need as much glue because to jumper may still be tacky from the previous lot of glue.
Don't worry if the paint drips a bit it will give it a bit extra and look more graffiti like. On my second layer I went over a bit with a brush to thicken up my lettering and to make bolder. Here is my finished product for now I may add a bit more to it. Like go round the lettering with a thin red brush with a dark red which from this picture you can see I have already started a little.
I hope it works out for you. Maybe you could post or e-mail some of your graffiti hoodies.

Nail Art

I also came up with a graffiti nail art tutorial inspired by some other nail artist. I'm not the best at nail art but practise makes perfect, right? ;D

What you will need:

  • Pale colour nail varnish,
  • A dot and flick pen or a really thin paint brush,
  • Clear Top Coat
  • And a nail art paint.
  • *Optional* crackle paint

First choose the style of graffiti writing you are going to use. This is the one I chose good for a beginner.What is your text going to read? Mine read 'funky'. Paint about 3/4 of the nail roughly, starting at the tip.

Write out your word as f * u * n * k * y. The * is where you will be doing a pattern such as an arrow, a dripping love heart, paw print, splatter or even just crackle paint. For your first letter do it quite thick with the nail art paint.
 Then carefully go in the inside with the pen trying to keep a neat border but don't stress too much, is street art always really neat? On each of the * spaces I did a different pattern.
Tadahh!

Here are some graffiti style jeggins at £19.00 used to be £35.00, $33.42 was $61.57 River Island. Also some cute Banksy Products @ Clintons.

I hope you liked my DIY post x Ciao, Rani Apple x



 


No comments:

Post a Comment